Search This Blog

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Time Flies.







It really does! We have encountered so many changes in the past 2 months, that it seems like we have almost a totally different life! The only thing that remains the same is that we all have each other, which is the only thing I really care about, anyhow.






We are now sharing a home with Jason's brother, Robbi. It is the best financial decision for all of us during this rough economical time. It is really a relief to cut our bills in half...because we have only been having about 1/2 the work as we used to. I am so thankful that we have the opportunity to do this. It is definitely a blessing...even if it doesn't always seem like it.






The kids are growing up so fast! Xander is talking like crazy..which seems amazing for a 19 month old. He says about 30 words, and besides that can pretty much mimic any word (or at least try). He is just completely BOY- he loves cars, trucks, balls, and trains. He is such a complete joy to be around, and is the absolute center of attention everywhere we go. I never thought that having a boy warm me to the soul. I never could have imagined the mommy-son bond- it's miraculous.
Jayna is becoming a little girl...no longer a toddler at all. At 3 3/4 years old, she just seems so grown up! She is a total diva/princess (she really doesn't get that from me, I am a little more on the laid back side!) and I love every second of it! She loves to dress up and have me fix her hair and put on makeup. She is so smart and intuitive it really shocks me. She can sit down and do her "school" without much help at all...we're talking letters, numbers, writing and typing her name, and basic math! She is the master of shapes and colors. She loves art- that is her forte!! I love my little princess so much! I am already sad at how big she is getting! Don't get me wrong, I am thoroughly enjoying this stage, but I can't help but think that it's only 1 1/2 years til Kindergarten:(!!! My baby!!

Baby Sonja Jordyn is due in just a few weeks! I cannot believe it...like I said...time flies!! I cannot wait to meet my new girl. I know that she will be just as special as my other 2 kids.



Last but CERTAINLY not least...an update on Jason :). We are doing awesome as a couple, especially considering the "rough" circumstances! I swear, we can pull through anything (for those that know us well, you know our rocky time..which was only 4 years ago...seems like decades!). He is my best friend in the entire world. There comes a point where you just know that you most definitely made the right decision in your mate- and I am there. We just work, it takes a lot of hard effort and even compromises, but we are an amazing pair, and I love him to death. Jason is still fighting to keep his business afloat, and honestly, even as slow as we've been, we're making more than he would at any other job. He still loves football...and has recently becomed obsessed with a fantasy type game called Goal Line Blitz. I hear about it at least a dozen times a day! I actually made my own players so that I can at least know what the heck he's talking about haha!

That's about it for now! I will try very hard to write in this more often! It will be great to look back on!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you 100% on how fast time flies. I can't believe how big Jayna is - it seems like just yesterday that you were pregnant to me.
    I just wanted to let you know, that watching the two of you go through that hard time wasn't pleasant. I think deep down we all KNEW you two would be together. Sometimes I feel sorry to have drifted away from everyone so far, but it worked out the best for my marriage to do so, you know?
    And it sounds lame and kind of corny, but I am really proud of you and Jason. For a long time Jason was like an older brother to me and I just wanted to see him happy - you and your beautiful kids make him happy. You two worked through a tough time and are still thriving today. I know what that's like... I've been there, too. I am in complete agreement with you about knowing that your mate is truly your soulmate. Ryan makes me the happiest I could ever be.
    Congrats on the new baby by the way and I look forward to making it to ONE of your baby showers. Let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete