Search This Blog

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bingo and a little lesson

Jayna and her Bingo Board

I took Jayna to a children's bingo session at our local library. I wasn't sure at first if it would be age appropriate for her, but she did great! She was the youngest one there so I sat by her to help her, but by the 3rd round she was doing it all by herself. I am so proud of her! She really is a smart girl.


We never did win, but still had a blast. Her favorite part was trading in her game board for a new one. She really enjoyed that for some reason haha. I'm really competitive so I was really anxious to win at least once, but it never happened. Oh Well!
When we left, I asked her if she wanted to go back. At first she said "No, because I never win". I really don't want my child to develop that kind of attitude. I am competitive, but it's still all in good fun and I think it's important to be a good sport. So I explained to her that if we don't go back, she'll never ever win, but if we do go again, she might win. In the end she decided she wants to go back. There are life lessons in everything!! And I love being able to teach them to my wonderful kids. It is so fulfilling!

No comments:

Post a Comment