Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My Mornings


Confession #1- I live and breathe for schedules. Although things happen that cause me to deviate from them probably once a week (Dr. appts, sick kids, husband having a day off), I try to stick to it as much as possible. It keeps me focused and in line. I believe that staying home with the kids is my "job" (although so much more), and just as people have routines and schedules at there job, so do I!


My schedule, as you can see from pen marks, I am always editing it.





Here is a glimpse of a typical morning in our home:

5:45 a.m.- I get myself out of bed before anyone else is awake (ideally!) and shower, get dressed, put on my makeup and actually feel like a woman. If I'm really lucky, I even blow dry and curl my hair.

My more detailed schedule. I have it in a plastic sheet protector and use an erasable marker. On here I write what's for dinner (which I have the week planned out on Microsoft OneNote, etc.)




6:15 a.m.- I make a pot of coffee, and sit down to have my quiet time. I love reading the Bible and learning about God.













6:45 a.m.- by this time, everyone is waking up. I fix breakfast (which as the picture shows, isn't usually grandious; Toaster waffles or cereal for kids, eggs and toast for me and hubby, ) Although sometimes we get adventurous and make colored pancakes! While everyone is eating, I'm usually cleaning up the kitchen and making my husband's lunch).





7:30- I help Jayna get ready for school and do her homework
8:10- The younger 2 load up on the stroller and Jayna gets on her bike, and we walk the 0.4 miles to school. Jayna loves kindergarten.










8:30- Start a load of laundry, and fold what's in the drier (yes, I leave clothes in the drier overnight. I'm bad)





9:00- Business and Office work. Self explanatory!


Sonja helps me with laundry.


Xander sits with me while I do QuickBooks.





10:30- younger kids bathed while I blog (I actually sit in the bathroom with my laptop and try not to get splashed...it's quite comical, really).

11:15- pick up Jayna from school.
11:30- Lunch. Lunch ranges from leftovers from the night before to mac and cheese to sandwiches. Yes, Confession #2...I usually only cook 1 meal a day. And I'm okay with that.

And this is how my mornings fly by every day! Up next is the Afternoons!

No comments:

Post a Comment