Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

It really IS a free gift



I have been a Christian for as long as I can remember, but this concept is new to me. I can't believe I have missed this all these years.

"For everyone has sinned (well, I knew that part); we all fall short of God's glorious standard. Yet God, with undeserved kindness, declares that we are righteous.(W-O-W). He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins....people are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life, shedding his blood." Romans 3:23-25.

That is just so amazing to me. We have newly been going to a church that emphasizes this concept. And, wow, that is such a blessing. It's so freeing. Yes, of course we want to live the best lives we can. But, when we mess up big time, God doesn't even count us as in the wrong! I can't get over that. I am so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment