Search This Blog

Friday, April 10, 2009

Another Jayna's Birthday/ Sonja's shower






Jason and baby the morning of...he stayed in the
living room with her all night for me :)





On March 28th (Jayna's real birthday) we had a party/shower for Sonja up in Payson. It was cool! I got to see my Grandparents and Aunts as well as a couple of good friends. We again got a ton of gifts. Jayna is SO good about getting gifts. People even made comments about it. She sits and appreciates every gift with equal enthusiasm. She doesn't shove off anything or say rude things about them. Even when she gets a pair of socks, she genuinely cries out "oooh, yay, SOCKS!" She just truly appreciates everything. I hope that she is always like that.
She adored every present
she helped make her own cake, it was fun
March 28th we spent the night at my Dads/Grandparents house. When we first got there (turning off of the 260 highway) we saw a huge heard of Elk. So we immediately hopped on my Dad's Polaris Ranger and our quad and went to find them. They were crossing the dirt trail right as we pulled up! I thought they were running away for good, but my dad joked "Don't worry, they always have to stop and look". Sure enough, they stopped to check us out, then ran some more, then stopped to look again...it was so cool! We joked about how they are telling their little calfs to "look...it's HUMANS". haha yes we are dorks. Then when they finally disappeared into the woods, we headed back to the house.
We had Alfredo Spaghetti Squash. I had NO idea that spaghetti squash was actually like noodles! It was SO good!! I'm sure it's a lot healthier than actual noodles too. I bought a spaghetti squash today to cook myself. I'm all excited

Sunday the 29th was a blast. My grandparents watched Sonja for a couple of hours and Jason, Jayna, Xander, my Dad and I went riding the trails. Xander, my dad and I went in the Ranger (it was a pretty cool ATV! Felt a lot safer than a squad with Xander), and Jayna and Jason took the quad. It was so weird going down the trails I grew up riding. I had flashbacks the whole time! I remember turns that led to bumps and divets that used to scare me, and they seem so small now! There were still a few steep hills and washed out areas that made me nervous, but I'm a scaredy-cat! Jason actually was nervous in one or two areas because he had Jayna on the front...how different things are when you have kids
Jason hurt his wrist while riding. He was trying to keep Jayna from getting a branch square in the face, and miscalculated where a stump was. The stump kicked the handlebars back and jammed his right hand. I felt really bad for him! He had to ride the quad the rest of the way home. I think it started feeling better after a while, but we were afraid he may have broken it at first. That boy is ALWAYS getting hurt!!
For lunch my Uncle Terry smoked prime rib and some kind of pork, and my grandma made really good potato and egg salad. It was my Aunt Vonda's birthday on the 27th and Jayna's on the 28th, so we celebrated with strawberries and Fondue! Very fun! After lunch we all sat around for a couple hours and just talked and laughed. Jayna played with her cousin Kayla and Xander kind of played with Valerie (2 year old cousin). Then my cousin Marlisa (she's 14) took them all out to play on the swings and trampoline until it was time to go. We had such a good weekend all in all. I am so thankful for all the memories we made.

No comments:

Post a Comment