Search This Blog

Thursday, September 16, 2010

"Bunch of Okies"





















We had such a fun trip to Oklahoma to visit my dad and great aunt/great uncle. It's so beautiful there, and so different! The girls and I took a plane trip to Oklahoma City Thursday afternoon, and came back Monday afternoon. It was a short but sweet vacation!



The girls...getting ready to take off!!








Being out in the middle of nowhere (my aunt and uncle live on about 150 acres, give or take) was so refreshing, and I felt just a tad envious. But I quickly realized (ok, it took me a day or two after I got back), that being here in Arizona with family is a great life, too. Still, the ranch life tugs at my heart. Maybe someday we will be able to have some land, even if it's here in the Sunny State. Here are some pics that me and Jayna took of our time in Ada, Oklahoma.

Jayna loved riding this tricycle...it was my great uncle's brother's- over 50 years old! It still makes little kids smile!




The girls loved the cows (my aunt and uncle run a cow ranch). These calves just got weaned and were sent to the City on Sunday.















The next toy that they loved was the "Mule". We rode it around the country, and stopped at a pond or two to do some fishin' (Jayna had never caught a fish before this trip, and now she has caught 5!). Mama loved the Mule because it put grumpy babies to sleep!













Fishin' with Grandpa, and her first fish! (left) Very exciting evening.






"I got a FISH!!!!!!"















The sunsets were very beautiful! I just loved the scenery all together! The GREEN!! Wow, what a change from Phoenix! It was so relaxing and wholesome feeling!



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AMISH FESTIVAL FUN!!

On Saturday, we headed straight to the Amish festival of Ada! First, we watched them make the ice cream.........then, we ate the yummy goodness!!





























Uh-Oh....Jayna found her new wish for her Santa list. these ponies were way too cute!










My Aunt Lois and Dad leading the way.


















The Amish Festival was a neat site, but it was a little too hot and sunny to stay too long.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday morning, we found this little creature in the middle of the road. We took him home, and let him go in my Dad's pond. Dad called me yesterday to say he's still around!














Sittin' on the front porch...we did a lot of that...it was nice!










Sonja and me being silly, waiting for Grandpa and Jayna to get done fishing.









All in all, it was an amazing trip, but of course it is so good to be back home with Jason and Xander. I missed them!


No comments:

Post a Comment