Search This Blog

Monday, July 19, 2010

Poor Xander :(

My poor little Xander had to have his adenoids and tonsils removed last Friday. They were originally just going to remove his adenoids, but upon looking they realized that both were very enlarged. Tonsils makes for a lot worse recovery than just the adenoids. He has been so miserable. It makes me so sad! Friday when he came home, he was eating and drinking everything in sight. I was thinking "this won't be so bad". But that night...he woke up every 20-30 minutes in such pain. We tried to give him medicine but he refused. Then all of Saturday Jason was at a softball tournament and I was trying to get Xan to eat or drink anything...and he wouldn't. I tried two times to force him to take his pain meds, but he refused. He was in so much pain, he wouldn't even swallow his own spit. Finally, right about the time i was sure we'd end up in the hospital, Jason came home and was able to force down the medicine (apparently he is much more convincing than I am). Once the meds kicked in, Xander began drinking again. It is now Monday, and he still hasn't eaten more than a little yogurt and pudding, but he has been drinking chocolate milk, capri suns, and gatorade. I'm hoping he is able to eat again soon. I feel so bad for the little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment