Search This Blog

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day 1 of 30 day Challenge

I started my self-proclaimed 30 day challenge today. 30 days of eating as well as I possibly can to see how it affects my family and I. So far, so good. I have been a little more energetic. Not running around, but I barely got sleep last night, and I am sure I still have some toxins in my body from the yucky food. It takes a few days. I need to get back to exercising too...I've been waiting for Sonja's cough to go away, but it's been 3 weeks! She's gotta be good enough to go.

Anyways;, this is what our mealplans were for the day.

Breakfast- I made a pot of oatmeal and the kids added their own sweeteners (honey and dark brown sugar, which are much better for you than white refined sugar), they also had bananas and a little bit of my smoothie.

I had a cup of herbal tea first thing, trying to ditch the coffee (we'll see though haha!). Since I can't have just anything in the morning( borderline hypoglycemic) , I opted for a fruit and yogurt smoothie with a tablespoon of both wheat germ and ground flaxseeds (the last 2 ingredients are key to keep me from getting sick in the morning). I felt absolutely great and actually pretty full.

Snack- the kids had real fruit popsicles (not the healthiest, but they were playing outside), and milk. I had a handful of pumpkin seeds, which are SO GOOD

Lunch- We had a picnic outside. We packed PB & Jam (organic PB, which tastes sooo much better and is so much better for you! I'm hooked already!, blackberry preserves, and whole grain, no preservative bread..you actually have to refridgerate it...and it tastes really good!!). Then we also had orange slices, sliced pears, and baby carrots. The kids ate it up like crazy- they have always loved fruits, and being outside made lunch even more fun:)

Dinner- for dinner I am going to make baked salmon with rose petal potatoes (tiny little cute potatoes!) with olive oil and parmesan, and I am going to figure out another veggie to include...maybe spaghetti squash with alfredo?? Not completely sure quite yet.

TIMES ARE YUMMY!! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Spaghetti Squash is really good with just some salt and pepper added to it. Maybe some spicier spices like cayenne or something. =)

    ReplyDelete